Location: 428-432 Ley Street, Ilford, London IG2 7BS
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: Islam Channel
Islam Channel has been broadcasting from London since 2004, showing a broad range of religious, current affairs, entertainment and children’s programming, broadcasting in English worldwide.
We develop original content in-house, tailored to our audience. This is complemented by the best movies, TV series and documentaries hand-picked from around the Muslim world. All of this is now available on our new video on-demand platform, creating the world’s largest library of Islamic media.
The Islam Channel is looking for a talented and experienced Audio Engineer to join the team on a rotating shift pattern. The ideal applicant will be hard working, conscientious, and diligent with excellent communication skills and an ability to work efficiently making best use of the resources available. Basic knowledge of vision mixer and camera operator.
- Industry experience as a Sound operating within a live production and broadcast environment.
- Knowledge of complex audio equipment including soundboards, compressors, microphones, recording equipment, digital mixing consoles and editing software
- Ensuring the delivery of the highest quality sound and communications service
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Innovative and professional sound applications and facilities.
- Analytical skills enabling the ability to assess daily shows needs
- Possessing good organization, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience of working in a professional broadcast environment
- Experience using ISDN/IP codecs, TBU
- Good communication and listening skills
- Able to distinguish and deliver the sound that a producer is trying to achieve
- Deliver the utmost sound capability and quality
- Minimum of 2 years previous relevant experience
- A degree, HND (higher national diploma) or vocational qualification in a subject such as sound technology, sound engineering, physics, electrical engineering or media production, will be particularly valuable.
Submit an updated CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you would be suitable for this role.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the U.K
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.