Job status: Self-employed contractor
Location: 428-432 Ley Street, Ilford, London IG2 7BS
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: The Dawah Project
The Dawah Project is a registered charity that aims to spread Islam through the media. We are looking for an experienced fundraiser to grow our charity to new heights.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Promote The Dawah Project and raise awareness of its ongoing campaigns & events
- Execute day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s). Including event management and fundraising initiatives
- Develop new and imaginative fundraising activities, many of which involve organising events
- Raise awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels, e.g. giving talks to groups
- Fundraise via our call centre, broadcast media and events
- Deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Motivate and facilitate supporters to maximise the funds they raise
- Inspire new supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities to staff and volunteers.
- Recruit, organise and manage volunteers to carry out various functions within the charity
- Manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information
- Write applications and mail-shots, using direct mailing to reach a range of potential and current donors
- Make risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the fundraising activities that are most appropriate and will have the highest chance of success.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Assist with developing a wide-ranging network of stakeholders
- Work closely with relevant stake holders and departments to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
- Work with post-production departments, social media manager and graphic designers to meet project’s needs
- Implement a sustainable fundraising strategy whilst developing relationship with potential funders
- Explain the product or service to potential donors
- Delivering outstanding service by successfully responding to all questions and queries, showing your passion and dedication along the way
- Answer telephone calls from potential customers who are responding to advertisements
- Admin duties
- Comply HR and office policies/procedures
- Comply with legal requirements
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- A minimum of 1 years’ worth of relevant fundraising experience in the charity sector
- Proven fundraising experience
- Experience of working in the charity sector
- Commitment to The Dawah Project charity’s cause
- Creativity, imagination and an entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Solid organisational and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, get things done and be part of a broader team
- Keen attention to detail, and a willingness to strive for continual process improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines/targets
- Team player with a positive, solution-focused approach
- Hardworking with a can-do attitude and demonstrable use of Initiative
- Excellent work ethics
- Educated to degree level
Submit an updated CV with a covering letter to email@example.com stating why you would be suitable for this role.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the U.K
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
Please note Only successful applicants will be contacted
The Dawah Project is committed to building an international and culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under-represented groups.