Location: 428-432 Ley Street, Ilford, London IG2 7BS
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: Islam Channel
Islam Channel has been broadcasting from London since 2004, showing a broad range of religious, current affairs, entertainment and children’s programming, broadcasting in English worldwide.
We develop original content in-house, tailored to our audience. This is complemented by the best movies, TV series and documentaries hand-picked from around the Muslim world. All of this is now available on our new video on-demand platform, creating the world’s largest library of Islamic media.
We are looking for a talented, energetic and passionate graphic designer to work across multiple platforms for TV broadcast, TV commercials, promos, branding, online and digital media. You will need to be great at interpreting briefs, skilled in the tools of our trade, strive to continue to build your skills and have can-do attitude - up for any challenge coming your way.
- Create and deliver digital content for marketing campaigns across web, email and social platforms, print and television - adhering to existing brand guidelines
- Carry out day to day design requirements
- Create artwork to high quality and print-ready standard
- Clearly communicate and share ideas, influences and inspiration
- Work collaboratively, efficiently and accurately, keeping up to date on latest trends
- Support Creative Director on larger projects across the business, including brochures, direct mail, design, brand theme development etc.
- Effectively take direction, work collaboratively and participate with other designers, producers, editors and the Creative Director
- Create and design logos for new programming, concepts and shows
- Design and create graphics for on-air promotion, as well as internal presentation
- Be organised and self motivated with the ability to work individually as well as valuing being part of a team
- Continually experiment to develop styles and learn new skills required to solve creative problems
- Delivering projects within tight timeframes that meet brand standards
- Managing full creative optimisations (scheduling, producing concepts and assets, testing, reporting)
- Liaising with internal teams and clients as required
- Candidates must be dedicated, punctual and have a strong work ethics
- Any other responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities whenever reasonably asked
- Minimum of 3 years previous relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or a related field preferred but not required
- Broadcast Television background would be an advantage
- Must be able to work on a Mac
- Experience with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator required
- Strong understanding of logo design, typography and layout
- Knowledge of trends influencing design in general and television specifically
- Knowledge of production and post-production processes would be an advantage
- Broadcast television graphic design experience highly preferred
- A strong portfolio demonstrating versatility and design excellence
- Ability to multitask and meet scheduled deadlines
Additional skills desired but not essential:
- Experience with editing software like Adobe Premiere and/or Avid a plus
- Experience with 3D software required (Experience with Cinema 4D is desired)
- Experience with Adobe After Effects
- Design and animate in-show graphics
- Update episodic in-show graphics and animations
- Create 3D models, light and texture, and animate in Cinema 4D
- Have excellent skills in design software including After Effects and the rest of the Adobe CC suite.
- Motion track 2D and 3D graphics into live-action scenes
To apply, please submit your CV and showreel / portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
A strong portfolio demonstrating versatility and design excellence is mandatory
- Applicants must have the right to work in the U.K
- Only successful applicants will be contacted
This job description sets out the scope of the role of a Graphic Designer. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their line manager.