Motion Graphic Designer
Job status: Self-employed contractor
Reporting to: Head of Post-Production
Location: Ilford, Essex
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: Islam Channel
Islam Channel provides alternative news, current affairs and entertainment programming from an Islamic perspective. Since its launch in 2004 Islam Channel has developed into a platform for ingenious and practical television complementing the definition of good programming.
Broadcast in English, Islam Channel aims for it’s programming to appeal to both Muslims and non-Muslims. Ultimately conveying Islam in its true form to curious non-Muslims and to further educate Muslims.
We are looking for a talented, energetic and passionate motion graphic designer to work across multiple platforms for TV broadcast, TV commercials, promos and branding. You’ll need to be great at interpreting briefs, skilled in the tools of our trade, always learning new tricks and up for any challenge coming your way.
- Develop and execute concepts and motion design solutions
- Translate project characteristics and creative direction into concepts and design solutions
- Implement solutions with good artistry and can be easily redirected as needed
- Effectively take direction, work collaboratively and participate with other designers, producers, editors and the Creative Director
- Create and design logos for new programming, concepts and shows
- Design and animate in-show graphics
- Update episodic in-show graphics and animations
- Create 3D models, light and texture, and animate in Cinema 4D
- Have excellent skills in design software including After Effects and the rest of the Adobe CC suite.
- Motion track 2D and 3D graphics into live-action scenes
- Design and create graphics for on-air promotion, as well as internal presentation
- Be organised and self motivated with the ability to work individually as well as valuing being part of a team
- Continually experiment to develop styles and learn new skills required to solve creative problems
- Candidates must be dedicated, punctual and have a strong work ethics.
- Minimum of 3 years previous relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or a related field preferred but not required
- Broadcast Television background would be an advantage
- Must be able to work on a Mac
- Experience with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator required
- Experience with 3D software required (Experience with Cinema 4D is preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to apply creative skills in innovative ways that elevate excellence
- Knowledge of trends influencing design in general and television specifically
- Strong understanding of logo design, typography and layout
- Ability to multi-task and to manage a deadline in conjunction with other team members
- Experience with editing software like Adobe Premiere and/or Avid a plus
- Video and photography experience is a plus
- Knowledge of production and post production process is a plus
- A degree, HND (higher national diploma) or vocational qualification in a subject such as sound technology, sound engineering, physics, electrical engineering or media production, will be particularly valuable.
Submit an updated CV with your CV and showreel link to: email@example.com
- Applicants must have the right to work in the U.K
- Only successful applicants will be contacted