Reporting to: Director of Productions
Location: Ilford, Essex
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: Islam Channel – Sky 727/Virgin 838
Islam Channel is the UK’s largest Muslim-focussed network, producing a wide range of programmes across a variety of disciplines: News & Current Affairs, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Factual, Religious & Kids.
The presenter is the “face” and “personality” and the host or co-host of our shows and programs entertaining and informing a global audience broadcasting to over 136 countries across the globe as we well as online. The successful candidate will be results driven and thrive in a busy, fast paced environment and have the ability to communicate with senior management, colleagues as well as high profile guests and associates.
Islam Channel sees itself as a creative house, acting as the ‘voice of the voiceless’. This means that no matter how big or small, if it matters to you it matters to us.
- Delivering lines from autocue daily
- Asking guests engaging questions about their work
- To present light hearted dialogue to our international audience
You will be responsible for producing, originating, preparing and presenting news, stories, reports, packages, interviews, discussions, background analysis and features. You must be able to use social media to maximise output, including using it to source relevant stories.
The ideal candidate will be results driven and thrive in a culturally diverse environment, eager to work on interesting and varied projects. Knowledge of Ofcom broadcasting regulations is a must.
Applicants should ideally have first-hand experience working in a media environment relevant with excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Presenter experience, preferably live TV
- Excellent time-management skills
- Solid autocue experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- An interest in people and good general knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confidence in front of a camera and an ‘on air’ presence
- A basic understanding of appropriate technical equipment and relevant editing software
- The ability to work under pressure, both in teams and individually
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to absorb, extract and present information in a clear and understandable way
- The ability to build rapport and to handle interactions with sensitivity, empathy and diplomacy while maintaining impartiality
- Excellent interviewing and listening skills
- An eye for a story, with an ability to generate original ideas and the confidence to pitch to senior editors
- Tenacity, persistence, resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 1-2 years previous relevant experience, although some training will be provided.
- Degree level or above
Please submit an updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com stating the category you wish to apply.
Applicants must have the right to work in the U.K.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted
Islam Channel is committed to building an international and culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under-represented groups.