Project Manager (Charity)
Job status: Self-employed contractor
Location: 428-432 Ley Street, Ilford, London IG2 7BS
Hours: Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
Salary: Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
Company: The Dawah Project
The Dawah Project is a registered charity that aims to spread Islam through the media. We are looking for an experienced individual to manage the charity.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Promote The Dawah Project and raise awareness about ongoing campaigns/events
- Manage the day-to-day runnings of the charity and plan long term goals
- Fundraising via our call centre and events
- Events: Organising and Attending events on a regular basis
- Deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities to staff and volunteers. This includes recruiting, supervising, training and developing staff and volunteers for small and large scale fundraising initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s). Including Events Management and fundraising initiatives
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and appropriately stored.
- Develop a wide-ranging network of stakeholders
- Work closely with relevant stake holders and departments to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
- Work with post production departments, social media manager and graphic designers to meet project’s needs;
- Produce and implement a sustainable fundraising strategy whilst developing relationship with potential funders
- Oversee the creation of fundraising applications and proposals to secure funds from corporate partners.
- Submit project status reports to Director/CEO; reviews bugs; anticipate and react to change.
- Explain the product or service to potential donors
- Delivering outstanding service by successfully responding to all questions and queries, showing your passion and dedication along the way
- Constantly seek out new revenue generating opportunities to ensure that Company targets are met.
- Answer telephone calls from potential customers who are responding to advertisements
- Contact customers to follow up on initial interaction
- Admin duties
- Comply HR and office policies/procedures
- Comply with legal requirements
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Educated to degree standard
- Proven working experience in project management/charity sector
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Professional qualification in marketing, management or business development;
- Stakeholder engagement experience essential
- Proven experience implementing development strategies
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, get things done and be part of a broader team
- Keen attention to detail, and a willingness to strive for continual process improvement
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Well-organised, excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet tight deadlines/targets
- Excellent team player with a positive, solution-focused approach
- Hardworking with a can-do attitude and demonstrable use of Initiative
- Excellent work ethics
- Educated to degree level
Submit an updated CV with a covering letter to email@example.com stating why you would be suitable for this role.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the U.K
- Only successful applicants will be contacted